- When a Practitioner has completed all requirements for the Independent 2** Star Horse Boy Method Practitioner he/she can advertise that he/she is offering one-family Horse Boy Sessions and multi-family Horse Boy Playdates. Please see our advertising guidelines for details.
- Currently 1* Star Independent Horse Boy Practitioner
- Completed Horse Boy Method 3 - Environment, Sensory & Tribe - course live or online.
- Applicants must have been a 1 Star Practitioner for at least one year prior to application.
2** Star Horse Boy Method Practitioner Evaluation Phase
In order to complete your certification you need to go through an Evaluation Phase ($225 for online participants - included for live course participants). When you apply for the Evaluation Phase we will create a DropBox Folder for you. In this folder we will load two Excel sheets for you. One will guide you through the requirements below, the other one is a year end report that we request from each Practitioner. As you go through your Evaluation Phase you simply need to tick off the requirements you have submitted and fill out all checklists in the Excel sheet. Please also upload all videos into your DropBox folder.
Here is an overview of what we will be requesting from you:
Videos to be submitted:
We will evaluate you on your environment and how you have implemented Horse Boy Method 3 within your environment. Don't worry about if your horse is sparkly or a bit dusty. Happy pasture ponies are difficult to keep clean, it goes without saying of course that we won't be able to accept videos however of horses that are emaciated, starved or are lame. Of course there are days where our ponies are off. However we cannot accept videos of a horse that is clearly lame or in pain. Please check our code of conduct for horse care requirements. All videos will only be evaluated if they are within 10 seconds of the requested time and proper equipment and safety gear is used.
The minimum is what you have to supply to qualify to be listed on our website. If you submit all videos with "featured" requirements we will feature your listing through our website.
Kids Zone (1:30 second video of you taking us on a tour of your kids zone)
Minimum – show that you have an autism friendly and safe kids zone.
Featured - show us that you have adapted your kids zone so that it is free from bad sensory triggers. Show us the good sensory triggers in your kids zone. If you have an indoor area show us how you have adapted this into a Horse Boy environment.
Activities (1:30 second video of you taking us on a tour of your playdate activities)
Minimum - show that you have at least two activities to offer in addition to the horse. These may include a small animal petting zoo, play equipment, arts and crafts, water games etc.
Featured - show that you also offer educational activities. Take us through an example educational game that you have created.
A Playdate in Action (1:30 second video of a playdate at your facility)
Minimum - show that you can cater for two families at a time. Show that your shadowers are well trained and that you have one shadower per child with autism. Show that you have a variety of activities on offer.
Featured – show that you can cater for three or more families at a time. Show that your shadowers are well trained and that you have one shadower per child with autism. Show that the siblings needs are taken care of as well. Show that you have variety of activities on offer.
- Please submit a detailed list of activities that you offer during playdates alongside photographs of these activities.
- Please submit copies of your parent information packet, playdate application form and volunteer application form
- Please submit copies of your horse, small animal and kid logs.
- Please fill out the attached Volunteer/Staff checklist for bios on your staff members and key volunteers including their training, experience and role within a playdate.
- Please submit at least two case studies of children/young adults that you have been working with. Each case study should include the individual's application form, the goals that you set for the individual and a copy of their log. The case study should also include a written explanation (please no more than 2 pages) explaining why you set the goals that you did, strategies you have use to complete those goals and future ideas. Each case study should also include a testimonial from the parents or individual (if they are able to) and their contact information so we can follow up if needs be.